Oh wow, imagine a camellia so stunning it steals the show even in the bleakest winter months. That's 'Nuccio's Pearl,' a real showstopper named after a famous camellia whisperer named Joe Nuccio. Picture this: pearly pink flowers, like the inside of an oyster shell, layered beautifully around a creamy white center. They emerge amidst glossy green leaves, making a picture-perfect contrast that would stop traffic.
But it's not just a pretty face. This camellia is like a garden chameleon, happy in almost any spot: by your front door, lining a path, or tucked away in a shady corner. It doesn't fuss or nag, needing just a little sunshine and well-drained soil to thrive. Deer even give it a wide berth, and bees love its sweet nectar.
- Spectacular formal double blooms with pearly white centers and rosy pink edges
- Blooms late winter to early spring
- Glossy evergreen foliage
- Upright, dense growth habit
- Reaches 6-8 feet tall and 4-6 feet wide
- Partial shade to full sun
- Acidic, well-drained soil
- Deer resistant
- Attracts pollinators